Vegan Noodle Soul Soup
Oh Hey! Don't even know how to write up anything apart from an Instagram post. ha ha. Oh wait! Do bloggers write 'ha ha' in their blogposts?!
So I'm back on this lovely little platform with hopefully interesting life musings. I've been gone a while and definitely giving you the low down on why I have been M.I.A. Expect a lot of oversharing. Things have changed a lot. But why wouldn't they when the goal is to "move forward"?
Speaking of changes, I am now Vegan; so everything on this little space will be cruelty free. Now that I've made that announcement, it is only fair to kick start the blogging with this mad bowl of flavour. I LOVE cooking with ingredients that normally do not marry together or so they have said for centuries. IN MY KITCHEN WE OPERATE A 'BREAK EVERY RULE' POLICY. I shall stand by that for life!
This took me about 15 mins to cook and plate up babes. Let me break it down for you.
3 Sweet Red Peppers chopped
3 Cloves Garlic
1 Peeled Lemon
1/2 twig Lemongrass
1 tsp Soy Sauce
2-3 Green Chillies
Thumb size Ginger chopped
Handful Cashew Nuts
1 cup Water (add more if you depending on the consistency you prefer)
1/2 Red Onion chopped
7 Broccoli Heads
1 tbsp Coconut Oil
Wedge of Lemon
Grilled Red Onion Discs (which I kind of burnt ha ha)
Here is what you do with the massive list above ha ha
- Blend all your "blender" ingredients
- Sauté the onions until caramelised
- Add the Broccoli heads and sauté for 1 min
- Before adding the sauce, make sure yo take the broccoli out to avoid it losing all its vitamins due to over cooking.
- Add the sauce and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add your noodles, it can be anything you prefer. I used Rice noodles. Cook the noodles for about 3-5 mins in Simmer.
- Add a few slices of sweet red pepper for that extra crunch.
- Plate up with your garnish and really you can get as creative as you want with the toppings.
Et Voila Mon Cherie. Dive in with gratitude and happiness. Most of all share this babe of a bowl with people you love.
If anyone gives this one a go, please tag me on Instagram or my Facebook page or even comment below.
Also let me know what else you would like to see on this platform. I'm so happy to be back and really looking forward to sharing all my recipes with you guys man.
Thanks for stopping by.