Protein Chocolate Mousse
Happy happy Friday everyone. Today has been such an amazing day. So many moments to be grateful for.
Shout out to my Appa on his earth day. You are an absolute dude. A man of few words, one of the most positive beings I have ever met & known in my life. So thankful for you Appa and I hope you have the most amazing day and year ahead of you.
Because I couldn't be there to celebrate with the family, I made him this little chocolate number. So let's get cracking shall we?
I made the Protein Chocolate Mousse using kidney beans and why you ask? It's all explained right at the end of the post.
1 Cup Kidney Beans
1/2 Ripe Avocado
2 Medjool Dates/ 1 Tspn of Maple Syrup
2 tsp's of filtered water
Pinch of ground Cardamom
2 tsp's of Aduna World Cacao Powder
Shavings of any vegan chocolate. I used the Conscious Chocolate in Coconut Crunch
Fruits of your choice to decorate
- Add all the ingredients to your blender and pulse for about 10 times. We want it in a mousse consistency and not a smoothie or even too creamy.
- Serve and devour. I mixed in some passion fruit before serving.
Why did I use kidney beans you ask?
- It is packed with protein. Click here to see the amount of protein in this recipe from the kidney beans alone. That is just for one serving. So winning if you ask me.
- The texture of the mousse is so lovely. It's got a bit of depth to it
- My son has been mega difficult this week for meal times and has a craving for anything chocolate. And the only way I was able to get goodness into him was to make anything and everything chocolate. Result! Happy Mummy, Happy Baby as they say.
Its a great breakfast option, snack and dessert option too. Its quick to make,guilt free, dairy free and cruelty too. What is not to love babes? So have a little go and tell me how glorious it was too.