Chickpea Omelette Recipe
Off all the breakfasts I have made, this has really embedded itself into my tummy.
There has always been a concern where Vegans get their protein from if they aren't eating meat. Chickpeas among a million other plant based foods.
1 Cup= 15gms of Protein
This recipe I promise you, will blow your mind.
It's quick, easy and you will keep coming back for more.
(Serves 2, Makes 4)
1 Cup Chickpea Flour/ Besan/ Gram Flour
1/2 Cup Pea Flour
2 Cups Dairy Free Milk/ Water
1 Tspn Cumin Powder
1 Tspn Garam Masala
1 Tspn Turmeric Powder
1 Onion- Finely Chopped
2 Green Chillies- Finely Chopped
Handful Coriander- Finely Chopped
Salt + Pepper to taste
1. In a mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients first and give it a good mix
2. Add in the onion+ chillies+ Coriander and mix it in well
3. The consistency should be a little thicker than a pancake mix
4. In a nonstick pan, on medium heat, start dolloping to the size you want the omelette to be. Give each side a minute before flipping over.
5. Serve with salad or a green chutney.
Remember the toppings are the fun part. I kept it simple and only had those ingredients at home.
So try this with Garlic+ Spinach or Tomatoes+ Bell Peppers. Yum Yum Yum!
I am so hooked onto this recipe, I make the batter and store it in the fridge to make more the next day. They will make the perfect afternoon snack, lunch box for the family and a quick bite if friends come over.
This works ridiculously well for me because I can manage good noms around the kids schedule.
Fuss free & supper yummy.